WMS Parent Letter
Welcome to the 2023-2024 school year! We are looking forward to meeting and greeting you on the first day of school, September 1, 2023. The middle school will open to scholars daily at 8:00 AM; admittance will not occur prior to that time. Breakfast will be served and classes will begin at 8:34 AM.
Prior to the first day of school, please remind your child to complete the summer reading assignment; this is a major first quarter grade. The assignment can be found by accessing this link.
Scholars entitled to a bus pass have it enclosed. As approved by the voters of the Westbury School District during the 2022-2023 school year, students in grades 6-12 who reside at least one mile but no more than 15 miles from the school they attend, either within or outside of the school district boundaries, shall be transported at public expense. Please note the following:
- Scholars will be picked up and dropped off at the same location. If you need to change this information contact the Guidance Office at 516.876.5088.
- Scholars must be in possession of their bus pass to ride the bus.
- Scholars should arrive at their designated location ten minutes before their scheduled pick-up time.
- Contact the District Transportation Department at 516.876.5011 with any questions.
We will distribute schedules to our sixth grade scholars at the Sixth Grade Parent Orientation which be held Monday, August 28, 2023, at 6:00 PM. Any schedule not picked up will be mailed the following day. All seventh and eighth grade scholars will access their schedules by checking the portal in Infinite Campus on Tuesday, August 29, 2023. All scholars will report to homeroom on the first day of class.
Please view the links below for the following items for a hassle-free opening of school:
- Bell Schedule
- School Supply List
- Chain of Communication Guide (English, Spanish, Haitian Creole)
- Walking Field Trip Release (for visits near the middle school)
- Student Photo Release (if you do not wish to have your child’s photo used in publications)
When visiting the middle school, please come to the main entrance. A buzzer system has been installed. The intercom is on the left of the doors at the main entrance. Press the button and you will be acknowledged by a member of our Security Team. Please bring proper identification for verification.
The administrators, faculty, and support staff are here for you! Please don’t hesitate to contact us for questions, concerns and/or assistance. At Westbury Middle School…Success is the Only Option!
Felicia H. Crawford