Stay up to date on grades, assignments, attendance announcements, schedules, and more.
Parent Portal Login
If you are having an issue logging in please send an email with your full name and number to firstname.lastname@example.org
Westbury Union Free School District parents have the opportunity to meet with their child's teacher to discuss academic progress. Parent-teacher conferences are face-to-face meetings designed to teach parents about classes, teacher expectations, behavior, and their child’s academic progress. Please select a school below to schedule a conference
Westbury Middle School
Westbury Middle School's in-person Parent Teacher Conferences are scheduled for Thursday, March 23rd from 6:30 - 8:30 PM and Friday, March 24th from 12:05 PM - 2:40 PM.
Please review your child's grades and class schedule in the Infinite Campus Parent Portal and sign up below to meet with each of your child's teachers. Each time slot is 5 minutes. We recommend that you do not schedule appointments back-to-back, but rather allow 5 minutes between appointments (6:30, 6:40, 6:50, etc.) so that you can comfortably move to each teacher’s room. We look forward to partnering with you to ensure your student's success this year!
Westbury High School
Westbury High School Parent Teacher Conferences is scheduled for Thursday, November 17th. Parents and guardians will schedule their own in-person parent-teacher conference appointments. Below is the initial scheduling page and directions to assist you with the process. The initial scheduling page will be open for entry from Friday, October 21, 2022, to Thursday, November 17, 2022. The deadline to schedule conferences is November 17th by 2 pm. In addition, please continue to call and/or email your child’s teachers and school administration for support.
Click Here For Staff List
1. Go to the webpage https://www.ptcfast.com/schools/Westbury_High_School_2 and select each teacher and/or staff member that you would like to meet with.
2. Type your child’s first and last name.
3. Type in your own name (person attending the conference). Additional parents/guardians may attend.
4. Enter your email address.
5. *IMPORTANT* Enter your telephone number next. This is NOT optional.
6. You will receive a confirmation email with a link to schedule your child’s parent-teacher conference.
7. Select “Date/Time for Teacher Conference Now.” Click on the link to select a conference time.
8. Conference Scheduler: Click on your preferred available time slot.
9. Click on “Confirm Selections and Exit” when you are finished. You will receive a confirmation email with
your conference date(s), time(s), and room locations.
On November 17th, please bring a copy of the schedule with you and follow it accordingly as you go from classroom to classroom to meet with Teachers. For your convenience, we have provided each teacher’s classroom location next to their name below.
We will continue to work together to maximize your child’s success. Please call our main office at 516-876-5047
if you need any assistance.
Westbury Union Free School District is excited to announce that we are hosting a Saturday Academy called, "Everybody W.I.N.S.!" W.I.N.S. stands for, "What I need Saturdays!" This is an exciting opportunity for our Westbury scholars to enrich their educational experience. Each scholar may choose only one Saturday Academy to attend. The programs being offered are as follows:
1. A Debate Club will be offered to scholars currently in 4th -5th grade. In the debate club, scholars will learn to create factual/logical, ethical and emotional arguments in order to persuade others.
2. Financial Literacy Wall Street Warriors Club will be offered to scholars in grades K-8. Scholars will gain understanding of the skills and knowledge that will teach them to make informed and effective decisions with their financial resources. Scholars will learn to be effective with money management skills such as budgeting, saving, and investing.
3. A Theatre Works/Performing Arts program will be offered to scholars in grades K-8. This program is designed to enhance our scholars who show enthusiasm for performing arts. This program will help develop the confidence of all participants by encouraging our scholars to expand their acting and performing skills.
4. The STEAM program will be offered to scholars in grades K-5th. Scholars will participate in hands-on activities that explore and use Science, Technology, Engineering, Art, and Math to create valuable learning experiences. In this program, scholars will have the opportunity to collaborate, solve problems, and become critical thinkers. This Saturday Academy will consist of 6 STEAM classes per session. One session is available per child.
If you are interested in signing your child/children up for one of the programs, please complete the form below in its entirety. These exciting programs will fill up fast! Saturday Academies will be offered to scholars on a first come, first serve basis. Our Everybody W.I.N.S! Academy will take place Saturday Mornings from 9:00 am to 11:00 am at Park Avenue Elementary School. Programs will begin on Saturday, December 3rd and will run through Saturday, June 10th, 2023. Transportation will not be provided.
Scholars will attend the programs from 9:00 am to 11:00 am on the following dates:
December 3, 10, 17
January 7, 21, 28
February 4 , 11
March 4, 11, 18, 25
April 1, 22, 29
May 6, 13, 20
June 3, 10
If you have any questions, you can contact Ms. Antoinette Campbell, Lead Teacher, at Acampbell@westburyschools.org or Mrs. Lisa Monzillo, Assistant Lead Teacher, at email@example.com.
Permission slips due by November 19, 2022.
Permission Slip Link
Snow Closings & Delays
In the case of inclement weather, the Westbury Union Free School District (WUFSD) will exercise good judgement to determine whether school will transition to remote instruction or a full closure. This document details the school district’s approach to school closings, delays and early dismissals.
01. Emergency School Closing:
02. Two-Hour Delayed Opening:
• Should the WUFSD operate on a two-hour delayed opening schedule, then transportation to non-public, special needs and charter schools will operate on a two-hour delayed schedule.
WESTBURY CLOSINGS, DELAYS, & EARLY DISMISSALS
Bus transportation begins two hours later than normal pickup time. Afternoon dismissals and bus schedules beyond the first two hours of the day will remain unchanged.
All morning clubs, extra help and other morning activities will be canceled. 03. Weather Contingency Plan:
- In the case of inclement weather, the District will exercise good judgment to determine whether school will transition to remote instruction or a full closure. A full closure means, with the exception of our internal first responders, our schools and offices are closed to scholars, staff, faculty and administrators.
- There are two snow days previously built into the calendar (May 27 and 31, 2022). Please be mindful of these two days. Do not pre-plan an extended recess as our school schedule is subject to change.
04. Locating the Information:
The District will make every effort to inform families and staff about the possibility of a closure or delay the evening before a weather event. The district will confirm the final decision of a closure or delay on the morning of the weather event via Connect-ED messaging. Information about closure or delay will be conspicuously posted on the district’s website (www.westburyschools.org) and Facebook page (www.facebook.com/WestburySchoolDistrict).
Notification to the media would take place before 5:45 a.m., and notices should broadcast prior to 6 a.m.
The following local stations will be notified:
Television Broadcast Stations
WALK (1370 AM & 97.5 FM)
CW11 (Channel 11)
WBAB (102.3 FM)
FOX (Channel 5)
WBLI (106.1 FM)
News 12 (Channel 12)
WCBS (880 AM)
WABC (Channel 7)
WHLI (1100 AM)
WCBS (Channel 2)
WINS (1010 AM)
WNBC (Channel 4)
WPAT (AMOR 93.1 FM)
05. Early Dismissal:
The District will make every possible effort to call an early dismissal as early as possible. In the rare event where the District will need to dismiss scholars earlier than the normal dismissal time, families will receive notification via Connect-ED as early as possible.
Founded in 1897, the National Parent Teacher Association (PTA) is a national volunteer organization dedicated to establishing a united home-school relationship that will secure for all children and youth, the greatest advantages in physical, mental, social, and spiritual education. New York PTA is an affiliate of the national association that is comprised of the local PTA's in each school organization and it's individual schools.
Each school in the Westbury Union Free School District has a PTA unit. The Westbury Council of PTA is the coordinating body comprised of its own executive committee, representatives from individual units, and the Superintendent of Schools.