While there is currently no vaccine to prevent this virus, these simple steps can help stop the spread of this and other respiratory viruses:
• Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. If soap and water are not available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer.
• Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth with unwashed hands.
• Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
• Stay home when you are sick.
• Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
• Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces.
Cover Your Cough Poster
Hand Washing Poster
Cover Your Cough - Stop the Spread of Germs
What to do if you are sick with 2019 Novel Coronavirus (2019-nCoV) (English)
What to do if you are sick with 2019 Novel Coronavirus (2019-nCoV) (Spanish)
Stop the Spread of Germs
Speaking to Children about Coronavirus
National Association of School Psychologists:
Care for Caregivers: Tips for Families and Educators National Association of School Psychologists
- The National Association of School Psychologists also offers guidance for caregivers, called Care for Caregivers: Tips for Families and Educators. Parents, teachers, and other caregivers play a critical role in helping children cope with crises, often ignoring their own needs in the process. However, caregivers must take good care of themselves, so they are able to take good care of the children in their charge.
Addressing Grief: National Association of School Psychologists
COVID 19 HOTLINE
New York State has established a Novel Coronavirus Hotline, which can provide additional information. Please feel free to call 1- 888-364-3065, that you may use as a resource or if you have questions or concerns regarding travel and signs and symptoms. Also, in order to stay up to date about COVID-2019, its treatment and prevention, please visit the following websites:
SCHOLLY $200 CASH ASSISTANCE & SCOPE EMERGENCY CHILD CARE PROGRAM
Scholly, Inc. is offering $200 in cash assistance to help cover expenses for families including groceries, health supplies, and other necessities during this global crisis. Please visit https://myscholly.com/relief/ to register. The application takes less than two minutes
SCOPE Education Services is pleased to provide emergency extended school age care for First Responders and Medical Personnel