WELCOME TO A GUIDE TO YOUR iPAD/CHROMEBOOK/ACCESS TO WIFI
To support our families with the technlogy devices, we have created the following guide to support you with your digital devices and/or accessing the WIFI.
Signing into Chromebook
In order to participate in class and work on your Chromebook, you first need to be able to sign into your Westbury Google account. Here are the steps on how to do that:
- Press and hold the power button for three seconds until you see the Chrome OS icon.
- After a few seconds, you should see the sign in page, enter your Westbury email that was provided to you. Press enter when completed.
- Then you will be prompted to enter your password. Once you do so, press enter.
- Then you will be taken directly to Google drive.
The Westbury UFSD has partnered with Altice (Optimum), to provide each of our students with access to WIFI. Below are the steps to gain access to the WIFI provided by the district:
- When you turn on your Chromebook, you may see a screen that looks like the one below. This will occur if you are connecting to your Wi-Fi for the first time.
- If you have a device that was loaned to you by the Westbury UFSD, click on the Wi-fi name optimumwifi and it should connect you. Once you are connected, you will be brought to the sign in screen. There is no password necessary.
- If you have a device that was not loaned to you by the Westbury UFSD, you will need to bring your device into school, so that the Tech Team can get the information needed from your device (MAC address) to be provided to Altice/Optimum so that you can have access.
Connecting to an alternate Wi-Fi (Your own Wifi Service)
If you have an alternate way of connecting to WIFI, such as your own WIFI, please follow the steps below:
- Click on the oval shaped menu on the bottom right hand corner.
- When doing so, you will see the Wi-Fi symbol. Click on the contents under the Wi-Fi symbol.
- Once you do this, you will see a list of SSID’s (Wi-Fi names). Click on your service provider.
- Once you do so, you should see the words “connected” under your Wi-fi name.
FOR TECHNICAL ASSISTANCE
If you need futher assisstance and would like someone from our tecnhnical team to contact you, please reach out in one of the folowing ways. Please be detailed in ur description of the problem you are experiencing.
- Fill Out a Google Form
OR- Call our technical support line at 516-874-1900
OR- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
OR- Submit a trouble ticket by clicking here