Adult Learning Center
Westbury Adult Basic Education/GED
Welcome to the Adult Basic Education/GED site for the Westbury Union Free School District in Westbury, New York. While this site is presently under construction we would like to give you some information about the programs in place as well as information about the Community Technology Grant that Westbury has received from the US Department of Education. Please follow the link provided throughout the site for more information about the community involved in this project.
The Adult Basic Education program at Westbury High School strives to give every member of the Westbury Community a place to learn, a place to grow and a place to find opportunities. The program currently offers seven weekly Adult Basic Education courses and two Educational Technology sections:
- ABE (Adult Basic Education) - for adults who need basic education but are not taking the GED exams.
- ESL (English as a Second Language) - The three classes: ESL1A, ESL1B and ESL2 are broken out by level of communication.
- GED General Education Development) - The two classes offered prepare students for the GED test. One class is offered to students who would like to pass their GED in Spanish and the other in English.
- Computer Technology Education - Computer Technology is integrated in the Adult Education program and includes basic computer and word processing skills, searching the internet, and internet safety education.
- Career Education includes career planning, career training and using educational technology to make educated career choices.
The Technology portion of the Westbury Adult Basic Education program has been made possible through the generous support of the US Department of Education.